I don’t play this game anymore, only keeping these pages here due to the amount of visits they receive.
The following is a general guide to playing Stranded 2. This free game is based upon the idea that you must try and survive on various desert islands. Using items you find on those islands you can construct tools, buildings and weapons. These will help when hunting for food or harvesting crops.
First steps on the island
When you first arrive on an island, you’ll need to check for several things and keep notes of where useful areas / items are. It’s best not to stray too far, unless you have enough food and water.
- Check initial area for any shipwrecked cargo boxes, break these open for items
- Find a stone and a branch (attack a tree for one), combine them and you’ll get a hammer.
- Right-click the hammer to create a building site, you’ll want a shelter.
- Search for food, including berries / mushrooms / grapes / cocoa plants / bananas / coconuts / wheat / animals (mind the dangerous ones)
- Search for fresh water springs or pools (salt water is nasty), sources of iron, cotton and good area of trees.
Trees and plants
Here’s a list of trees and plants to help identify them when you’re out gathering supplies or exploring. I’ll add larger images when I get the chance.
To plant things simply put the item in your hand, look at a spot on the ground (not too close to another plant) and then press E.
Getting your crop eaten by Locutus, here’s why they appear. The game will check the following list, if it is all true (with a bit of random bad luck as well) you’ll get a plague.
- Going to sleep
- There are more than 30 grain plants on the island
- You have a planting skill level of over 40
- Game does a random number from 1 to 3, if it’s 1, the plague starts
Anyone whose really interested, the game will loop through your grain and pick one every 5, 6 or 7 plants and then send in the locutus.
Items can be combined to create other items, these include buildings, weapons, tools, food and others.
This list is a bit of a spoiler, so please don’t rely on this. I’d only check this list if you’re stuck and in urgent need of something or losing interest in the game because you can’t figure out the combinations.
|Health potion||=||Strong Healherb||+||Water||+||Stone|
|Speed Potion||=||Cacaofruit||+||Coffee Fruits||+||Stone|
|(Make splint)||=||Iron bar||+||Vine|
- On the main menu, click the animals to see them explode!
- Catch as many butterflies as you can, they’ll help you carry more.